2014 was an interesting year, during which I moved 3 times, through a variety of terrible kitchens (plus my mother’s nice one). Mostly for that reason, there were only 34 new posts on the blog last year, vs around 150 in past years, which has lead to a weird situation where none of the top 10 most viewed recipes during the year actually came from 2014. Gluten-free recipes seem to be popular, and based on search terms, everyone wants to know how to make chocolate chip cookie dough that works with cookie cutters. Good taste, guys!
These most popular recipes are:
10) Red Velvet Cookies (a guest post by my friend Catie)
8) Not Mac & Cheese (popular with Paleo folk, from a gluten-free cookbook)
6) Rainbow Bread (so pretty!)
4) Crockpot Oatmeal (ugly but convenient!)
3) Pineapple Brown Sugar Chicken (for years my go-to easy meal)
…boy those plates we had my last time in DC were ugly. But they were also free, making them in fact fantastic plates!
I tried to come up with a favorite recipe for the year, but wound up with a tie between Chipotle Pulled Pork with Apple Slaw and Chickpea Chicken Soup. If you missed them before, now’s a good time to check them out!
See you Wednesday with what should be the start of a more reliable 2015!